Dean of Students (2 Positions - Teacher on Special Assignment)
|Position:||Dean of Students (Teacher on Special Assignment)|
|Number of Openings:||
2 Positions (SAEC & Myers)
|Category:||Internal Applicants Only|
|Position Status:||Stipend Position|
$8,250 annual stipend (in addition to Teacher Salary as per contract)
|Job Posting Start Date:||May 13, 2022|
|Application Deadline:||June 2, 2022|
|Position Effective Date:||August 22, 2022-June 30, 2023|
FUNCTION: The purpose/s of overall student management and dealing with student attendance issues. Serve as a mentor/coach for staff in classroom management techniques. Collect and analyze data; Support campus and building principals in planning and implementing all facets that lead to a better educational program for all students. Build capacity for classroom and campus wide implementation of behavioral management strategies; Other related duties as may be required or directed.
• School Calendar, 5 working days prior to the start of the school year and 5 working days after the end of the school year, as approved by the Building Principal.
• The positions will begin on or about 8/22/2022 (or earlier) and end on or about July 1, 2023.
• Hours: 7:30am to 3:30pm
SAEC - 1 Position
Myers - 1 Position
• Salary: Teacher Salary (as per contract), plus stipend $8250, subject to Board approval.
• Manage student supervision issues and enforce school behavioral expectations
• Counsel students and parents about school and district policies
• Assist staff and parents in developing student behavioral expectations,
• Assist in the planning, developing, and implementing of individual student behavior plans
• Assist in monitoring and supervision of school facilities.
• Communicate with individuals of varied cultural and educational backgrounds
• Communicate in oral and written form.
• Assist the organization in implementing its mission
• Assist the principal in the overall administration of educational programs
• Monitor the reporting of student attendance/discipline concerns
• Collaborate with staff to develop strategies for addressing student attendance/discipline concerns
• Resolve discipline problems according to WSWHE BOCES Code of Conduct
• Confer with students, home school, parents, teachers, counselors and support services personnel in resolving these issues
• Serve as a mentor/coach for staff in classroom management techniques
• Assist in the orientation of faculty and staff
• Perform such record keeping functions as the principal may direct
• Work with support staff to review data and identify key areas of concern (attendance/behavior)
• Perform such other tasks and assume such other responsibilities as directed by the Principal
• The work is performed under the direct supervision of the Principals for CTE and Principals for Special Programs.
Please use this link to apply: Deans & Team Leaders Application