||Washington County Fair Coordinator
||Internal Applicants - Stipended Position - Washington County Fair Coordinator
||Internal Applicants Only
|Months per Year:
|Position Start Date:
|Job Posting Start Date:
|| January 31, 2018
|| February 28, 2018
- Highly organized
- Timely and responsive
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan (long-term and short-term) and execute effectively.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to delegate, while actively contributing in an collaborative environment.
Extra Duty Position
Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent, the Washington County Fair Coordinator will organize schedules, activities, and staffing for the Washington County Fair.
- Coordinate all communications with Fair officials and BOCES Public Information Specialist
- Work with BOCES Assistant Superintendent, Director of Instructional Programs and CTE Instructors to identify and plan demonstrations for the duration of the Fair
- Obtain all necessary agreements from the Fair Officials
- Create the daily schedules and work with BOCES Public Information Specialist to develop accompanying print materials
- Secure instructors, students (including any permissions needed for students) and volunteers to ensure adequate daily coverage at the Fair
- Communicate budgetary needs for all events and activities to Assistant Superintendent
- Work with BOCES Public Information Specialist to design and distribute promotional materials
- Coordinate with Public Information Specialist to publicize event
- Provide a schedule of demonstrations and needs for all supplies, materials, and equipment to WCL Facilities & Logistics Coordinator.
- Coordinate the daily demonstration setups with the WCL Facilities & Logistics Coordinator and instructor for each day.
- Setup and maintain daily Fair displays
- Be on site at fairgrounds daily (minimum of 8 hours) to ensure booth is ready for each demonstration, and oversee demonstrations
- Coordinate and monitor timelines and ensure deadlines are met
Majority of the work for this position will be conducted outside of normal work hours.
The position will run from March 2018 to October 2018.
Applications received by Wednesday, February 28, 2018, will be given first priority.
Internal Applicants interested in this extra duties position:
Email letter of interest and updated resume to:
- With the Subject Line: Washington County Fair Coordinator