The Teacher Registry will be accepting substitute applications until
May 25, 2018 for the 2017-2018 school year
If you have just completed a college prep program please give us a call at
A criminal history background check will be conducted by the New York State Education Department.
If you are selected, you will be required to pay the fingerprinting fee of $100.00.
If you already have a fingerprint clearance from the New York State Education Department, you will not need to be reprinted.
Print out the directions before leaving the BOCES website
To become a substitute, follow the steps outlined below:
Download the Substitute Teacher Application and complete. Please print in landscape format.
Please note the Teacher Registry office will contact any past or present employers listed on your application.
Print, complete and return the 5 forms after completing the mandatory online training.
Civil Service Form (Application for Examination or Employment - you are not required to take an exam)
3. Mandatory Online Training
- Go to : www.schoology.com
- Click: Sign-up ( YOU ARE A STUDENT FOR THIS TRAINING)
- Enter the following access code: TQ4H3-JFXMS
- Continue the registration process as prompted. (Please use the password: substitute)
- After completing the registration: go to the HOME screen and click “Courses” then "Join"
- Select : 2017- 2018 WSWHE Teacher Registry Training * (Please note there are 2 seperate trainings)
- Click on the (BLUE) Hazard Communication folder to begin.
- You will now see all items that must be completed
- After you have completed each item, click next near the top of the screen to continue.
- When you fill out the completion form (this looks like a piece of Chain to open)
- Make sure you check that you completed all assignments at the bottom and click Submit
- You DO NOT need to submit the Proof of Training Certificate- this if for YOUR records.
- When you have completed all items in the Hazard Communication folder click on the small blue 2017-2018
Teacher Registry training at the top
- Click on the next FOLDER- (GREEN) Emergency Plans and Mental Health
- Complete all items and follow previous instructions for the other training
4. Submission of Materials
Once you have completed ALL items in the BLUE and GREEN folders you can submit your application for processing.
Submit the WSWHE BOCES Substitute Application and completed forms to:
Teacher Registry 1153 Burgoyne Avenue Fort Edward NY 12828
fax them to 518-746-3308
email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application will be processed once all forms are received.
If selected as a substitute the Teacher Registry office will be in contact.