News from NYSED
On October 17, 2017, the Board of Regents amended Subpart 80-6 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education relating to Registration and Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE)
New passing scores have been established for the edTPA | Posted 09/14/2017
Updates from the 3/13/17 BOR meeting:
- The issuance of a three year time extension to replace the two year one.
- Removal of the additional extreme hardship time extension except for citizenship and military.
- Two year extensions that expired 8/31/16 and 1/31/17 will automatically be extended for the additional year in TEACH.
- See this link for more details: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/certificate/timeext.html
- The elimination of the requirement that teacher candidates take and pass the ALST to obtain an initial teaching certificate.
- Pearson is handling all aspects of exam registration/cancellation/refunds.
- Applicants can check Pearson’s website for updates.
- The exam requirement will be modified in TEACH.