Shared Public Information Specialists can help you develop and implement a comprehensive, integrated communications strategy on a Full-Time-Employee (FTE) basis. They can be embedded in your school district on a regular basis or brought in to help during peak times or for special projects.
The Shared Public Information Specialist FTE Service includes:
• Crisis Communication Consultation: School safety and crisis management is a growing concern for many school communities. Consulting with a public information specialist allows districts to coordinate comprehensive communications plans that include community newsletters, specialized reports, media management, community workshops/forums and more. Although we wish to never have to put these plans in place, it is wise to be prepared with a designated person to manage crisis communications, should a situation occur. Each member of the communications team is NIMS (National Incident Management System) certified and is trained to stay up-to-date with crisis communications trends on both the local and national level.
• Capital Improvement Projects: As a school district invests time and energy in coordinating a Capital Improvement Project, it is important to have consistent and effective communications with the community. We work with districts on promoting these projects, with the goal of district voter approval. This includes coordinating photos, newsletters, informational videos, website updates, social media updates, and more. We customize strategic plans for each project, highlight target messages, and work to ensure all aspects of the project are clearly communicated with potential voters.
• Web Content: Public information specialists work to keep your district website up-to-date with fresh content including videos, photos, news, stories, and more. Our specialists coordinate photo opportunities as well as attend assemblies to photograph, interview, and cover important community events.
• Web Support: We are able to provide general help and troubleshooting for many web-based concerns.
• Media Relations: We work hard to promote positive publicity, arrange interviews on local networks, screen and field media calls, provide media coaching, mitigate the potential for negative publicity
• Social Media and/or Reputation Management: We are trained in social media trends and help start and/or maintain social media initiatives for the district (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), as well as the ongoing monitoring of the district's reputation.
• Print Management: Coordinate printing needs and delivery of finished materials.
• Marketing Communications Campaigns: We understand that no two districts are alike, therefore, we aim to tailored to district needs. Our public information specialists work hand-in-hand with district superintendents and district staff to outline goals, wants, and needs, ensuring the communications efforts put in place are highly effective.
• Email Marketing: Our team will work with your district to tailor an integrated digital communication campaign, upload email lists, design templates, format emails, and analyze reports.
Please call for detailed information and rates:
Tara Sullivan, Coordinator of Communication Services
27 Gick Road
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Phone: (518) 581-3850