Students honed their leadership, communication and teamwork skills by collaborating with more than 450 SkillsUSA students from across New York State, all under the guidance of NYS SkillsUSA State Officers. Among many key takeaways, the students collaborated to develop community service and public relations initiatives that they plan to implement in their local chapters, fostering growth and creating a more robust SkillsUSA community.
The NYS SkillsUSA State Officers are:
- Zach Kramar (North Warren) - NYS SkillsUSA President
- Mikayla Linehan (Queensbury) - Area 3 Vice President
- Rebekah Hodges (Hadley Luzerne) - NYS Officer at Large
Congratulations to newly elected Chapter Officers who showcased their talents:
- Mattison Denes - Criminal Justice Program
- Ava Evens - Health Occupations Program
- Hannah Fortner - Criminal Justice Program
- Kaelyn Hill (South Glens Falls) - Criminal Justice Program
- Aidan Holcomb (South Glens Falls) - HVAC-R Program
- Fiza Khan - Health Occupations Program
- Mochi Lee (Queensbury) - Early Childhood Education Program
- Kyliann Mattison - Early Childhood Program
- Alexa Parella - Criminal Justice Program
- Robinson Turenne (South Glens Falls) - Culinary Arts Program
The students also toured the Capitol building in Albany, enriching their understanding of civic engagement.
Two of the dedicated advisors, Michele Martinez and Nick Zwart, are SkillsUSA National Trainers who also spent time with the team to help build the students’ understanding of the integration of the SkillsUSA Framework, using the Program of Work and mastering the Chapter Excellence Program.
For more photos, click here to go to Facebook.