The BOCES Media Library contains a variety of resources including:
- Over 1,600 DVD collection titles
- 102 Big Book titles – each big book title is accompanied by a teacher's guide, student copies of the book, and many include an audiotape reading of the book
- 600+ Multiple Book titles – this collection covers all grades and contains 20-100+ student copies of each book. This collection includes at least 55 copies of all required NYS Common Core Module books grades 3-8. Many recommended texts are included as well.
- 34 Module Kits (PK-2) – Module kits consist of the recommended read aloud support sets for the NYS ELA curriculum.
- Over 140 Audio Book & Playaway titles – this collection, consisting of unabridged books on tape and CD, was developed to support student listening skills
- Over 85,000 streaming audio/video titles.
- 13,000 Educational Tools (experiments, fact sheets, maps, timelines, etc.)
- Over 70,000 Digital Pictures. These digital pictures are copyright free and can be used in any school project or presentation.
- 77+ Jackdaws Primary Resource Kits. A Jackdaw is a personal archive of hands-on primary source materials. They are an array of fascinating, relevant primary source documents perfect for the new Social Studies standards.
- Makerspace Materials, Lego We-Do Kits, Lego Mindstorm Kits, Squishy Circuits, Breakout EDU Kits, Ozobot Kits.
For more information on everything MultiMedia, please check out our new MultiMedia website.
The collection can be accessed and booked on-line via the MultiMedia Library Catalog. You may also request materials by phone, or mail. Our staff will prepare and send you a variety of multimedia resources for a specific unit upon request by a teacher or school library media specialist.
The Media Library resources cover all curricular areas K-12 and are aligned to the Common Core Learning Standards. In addition to the MultiMedia Library Catalog, print supplements of new materials, special subject area pathfinders or collections by media type (DVD and multiple book) are distributed during the year. Teachers may also request "custom" subject resource lists.
Cooperative Sheet Music
The Cooperative Sheet Music program enables participating school districts to share the cost of purchasing choral, band, and orchestral music. Schools will be able to share a collection that contains over 3,600 titles with selections targeted to students from kindergarten through Grade 12.
The Cooperative Sheet Music program is an optional RWADA based service under the MultiMedia Service. Districts that are not members of MultiMedia Service can participate in the Cooperative Sheet Music program at the non-member rate.
MultiMedia Library Policies
The purpose of the following policies and procedures is to provide a guide for the operation of the WSWHE BOCES MultiMedia Library. Policies will be updated as changes are made in the library media center.