Substitute Teacher Registry
Substitute Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Teacher Aides, and School Nurses are in high demand and needed on an ongoing basis.
The Substitute Teacher Registry is a centralized service that enables districts to obtain substitute teachers and other staff to fill short- and long-term openings. The service includes recruiting, reference checking, and training. We currently place substitute teachers, teaching assistants, teacher aides, and school nurses in 27 area school districts, including BOCES, on a per diem basis. An ideal substitute is self-motivated, outgoing, enjoys working with children, patient, adaptable, and eager to acquire new skills.
Minimum Requirements for Substituting:
- Teachers proof of 120 college credits/bachelor’s degree, or certification, depending on the school district.
- Teaching Assistants proof of a high school diploma or a GED diploma.
- Teacher Aides proof of a high school diploma or a GED diploma.
- Nurses must have an RN and/or LPN license.
- Clerical proof of a high school diploma or a GED diploma.
Selected applicants will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001. The applicant will also be responsible for the cost ($102.00) of the required fingerprinting. If you have been fingerprinted already for NYSED, you do not need to be reprinted.
- Check Our Frequently Asked Questions