Substitute Teacher Registry
Substitute Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Teacher Aides, and School Nurses are in high demand and needed on an ongoing basis.
The Substitute Teacher Registry is a centralized service that enables districts to obtain substitute teachers and other staff to fill short- and long-term openings. The service includes recruiting, reference checking, and training. We currently place substitute teachers, teaching assistants, teacher aides, and school nurses in 27 area school districts, including BOCES, on a per diem basis. An ideal substitute is self-motivated, outgoing, enjoys working with children, patient, adaptable, and eager to acquire new skills.
Minimum Requirements for Substituting:
- Teachers- proof of 30 -120 college credits/bachelor’s degree, or certification, depending on the school district.
- Teaching Assistants proof of a high school diploma or a GED diploma.
- Teacher Aides proof of a high school diploma or a GED diploma.
- Nurses must have an RN and/or LPN license.
- Clerical proof of a high school diploma or a GED diploma.
Selected applicants will be subject to a fingerprint-supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001. The applicant will also be responsible for the cost ($101.75) of the required fingerprinting. If you have been fingerprinted already for NYSED, you do not need to be reprinted.
- Check Our Frequently Asked Questions
Ballston Spa CSD
Fort Ann CSD
Fort Edward UFSD
Glens Falls City
Glens Falls Common
Hudson Falls CSD
Lake George CSD
North Warren CSD
Saratoga Springs City
South Glens Falls CSD