TSP | Therapeutic Support Program
The Myers 6:1:1 and Therapeutic Support programs serve students in grades 9 through 12 who have struggled with behavioral, social and learning challenges in their home schools. Our 6:1:1 and 4:1:2 classes provide a more supportive academic and emotional environment for students to help them experience success and progress in school.
The goal of this program is to teach these students the soft skills they need to be successful in a Least Restrictive Environment (LRE). Students are in a full day program with an academic schedule that meets NYS Regents requirements.
The Therapeutic Support Program provides a blend of behavioral health clinical interventions, in combination with Special Education instruction for students who require a comprehensive therapeutic environment similar to a day treatment program.
TSP enables seriously emotionally disturbed students to remain in the least restrictive, most stable, and normative living situation possible, while receiving treatment and special education and related services from a team of multi-disciplinary mental health and education professionals.
The Boys Town Specialized Classroom Management System is an integral part of the TSP programs. It provides students opportunities to learn social skills, incorporating a level motivation system and using a systematic way to address adaptive and maladaptive behavior. The program helps to increase students’ on-task behavior and help them acquire the skills needed for school and community success.
• Small class sizes (6:1:1 or 4:1:2 classrooms)
• Individual and group counseling along with skills room social workers
• Program wide social emotional curriculum (Boys town)
- NYS Common Core
- Classes designed to provide appropriate pacing to meet students needs
- Small class sizes
- Technology based instruction
- Small class sizes
- Academic Intervention courses
- Skills Room for targeted social skill development
- Strong focus on individual student needs and goals
- Strong focus on engaging successfully within a school community
Students Completing the Program:
- Have a toolbox of prosocial skills they can use in their future
- Earn a high school diploma
- Learn to set goals
- Gain confidence in their abilities
- Strengthen their academic and social skills
- Are prepared for college and/or workforce employment
TSP is offered at:
- Sanford Street Teaching and Learning Center, Glens Falls (Elementary Level)
- Washington Street Teaching and Learning Center, Fort Edward (Middle School Level)
- F. Donald Myers Education Center, Saratoga Springs (High School Level)
- Southern Adirondack Education Center, Hudson Falls (High School Level)